Town Hall. The Town Hall was built in 1839 on land purchased from Dr. Samuel Orr. In 1876 it was enlarged and in 1883 the building was lifted and the first floor became the second. In 1908 the front of the interior was altered, a metal ceiling installed, a new floor laid, (how many dancing feet!), and a porte-cochere added.
A gala affair was held at that time and two members of the committee are (were) still with us in 1883! They were Ruth Churchill Thayer and Louis Allen.
Town Hall 1883
© 2007 James Weidenfeller