Amos Hunting House. 189 North Central Street. It was Amos Hunting who kept a grocery store in the white building in the center of the village. He began the business in 1866 and in addition to groceries he carried provisions, grain, flour, hay, and straw.
He came from Shutesbury and at the age of 18 was assistant station agent at Westdale (RR) and then agent for 5 1/2 years carrying on a small grocery business as well. As his store and business grew he had four clerks in 1897.
Amos Hunting House--189 North Cecntral Street
© 2007 James Weidenfeller